Skip to content

How to apply

The application package will indicate the documents to be submitted for each category of application.

Please visit the link to know how to apply: New to Denmark


In all cases, the following documents must be submitted:

  • Application form duly completed in block letters and signed. If minors: (less than 18 years of age), the form must be signed by the parental authority or the legal guardian. Documentation about parenthood or legalized document about legal guardianship must be shown and be a part of the file.
  • Original travel document. A copy in colour in A4 format of the travel document with all pages including front page and the data page is also required (the travel document  must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the validity of the stay in Denmark)
  • Case order ID
  • Receipt for fee being paid to The Immigration Service.

And for students:

  • Original letter of acceptance: (No e-mail, fax or scanned copy of acceptance letter and other documents are acceptable), proving that the applicant has been accepted to a study programme or course at an educational institution in Denmark.
  • Proof that the applicant can support himself, if the applicant does not pay the tuition fee himself. The applicant must prove that he/she has money for the living expenses while staying in Denmark.
    The amount required has by a standard calculation been set to be equivalent of DKK 50,000 or DKK 4,200 per month if the applicant is going to stay less than a year. (Accompanying family members DKK 25.200 DKK or 2.100 per month if less than a year)

Documentation must be in one of the following forms:

  • Student’s grants
  • Student’s loans
  • Cash deposit in a bank account accessible to the applicant only.

Other required mandatory supporting documents, if any, are listed in the application form. These documents must be submitted and followed by rightfully translated versions. All documents in original and one copy. The copies MUST be in A4 format and in colour.

Note: All documents in Vietnamese must be translated into English and legalized by the relevant authorities (except for the passport).