Skip to content

Re-entry permit

Vietnamese nationals who lose their residence permit during their stay in Vietnam or have a new passport issued in connection with name changes/expiry of their passport should come to the Embassy in order to apply for a re-entry permit.

After receiving the application the Embassy will contact the Danish Immigration Service and request an authorisation to issue re-entry permit to Denmark. Please note that this process can take between a few days and several weeks and it is therefore important that the Embassy is informed as soon as possible.

Children under the age of 18

Children under 18, who follow their mother’s residence permit, should ensure that they have a re-entry permit stamped into their passport BEFORE they exit Denmark or else they will not be able to re-enter the country again. The Danish Immigration Service issues these re-entry permits (alternatively they can refer to the nearest issuing office).

If the child does not get a stamp in his/her passport before leaving Denmark, the child must contact the Embassy as soon as possible after arriving in Vietnam. The Embassy will then contact the Danish Immigration Service to confirm whether or not a re-entry permit can be issued. Please note that this process can take between a few days and several weeks.


A fee of VND 5,400,000 (DKK 1,515) must be paid when a re-entry permit application is lodged. The applicant receives a receipt and he/she is informed that in case of refusal, the fee is not reimbursed.
Please find the application form from the Danish Immigration Service.

Please find information about re-entry permit from the Danish Immigration Service