Skip to content

For tourist visits

For tourist visits

Each applicant must:

1. Fill in one application form in English in capital letters. Please also see the Vietnamese version of the application form. The form is only for the convenience of non-English speaking applicants and should not be submitted to the Embassy.

2. One copy of passport or official travel document. The passport must be issued within the last 10 years with a validity that exceeds the end of your intended stay by at least three months. The passport must have at least 2 blank pages to affix the visa. Previous passport may also be requested in case of having previous visas to Schengen.

3. One accurate & recent passport photo. The size must be 35x45mm, and the size of the head from top to chin between 30-36mm. Photos that don't comply with these criteria will be refused.

4. Proof of financial means:
Original bank account statements (company or individual) on the turnover during the last three months.
In addition:
- If the applicant is employed: 1) the last three payslips, 2) labour contract or recent employer statement, 3) approval for holidays are required.
- If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed: certificate of registrations of the company * and statement of taxes payment are required.
- If the applicant is retired: Pension statement is required.
Other means
- Remittances, credit cards, regular incomes generated by property can be also submitted.

5. Documentation providing clear information regarding the travel program: Booking transportation, itinerary/detailed description of the trip.

6. Proof of lodging: Hotel reservation, rental of holiday home etc.

7. One copy of household registration record*.

8. One copy of Marriage Certificate or Divorce certificate (if any)*.
If the applicant is a widow/widower
- Death certificate of spouse should be submitted.

9. Travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgency medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during your stay (minimum coverage EUR 30 000).

If the applicant is a minor:
- If the minor travels with one parent only, written consent of the other parent or guardian, except in cases of a parent having the care or custody alone.*
- If the minor travels alone (without parents), written consent of both parents and guardians having the care and custody of the applicant.*
- Birth certificate of the applicant.*
- Copies of the ID cards of the parents.*
When visa is granted, copy of revised travel insurance (if any) must be presented to the Embassy.

Note: Official documents marked with * must be recent (maximum 3 months old) and legalized by the competent local authority and must be translated (translation legalized) in an office language of the Embassy or Consulate where the application is lodged or in another language accepted by the Embassy or Consulate.