Skip to content

Practical information for visas, residence permits and passports


The Ministry of Foreign affairs of Denmark has commissioned VFS Global Private Ltd. to operate the Danish Visa Application Centre’s in Vietnam. All applications for short stay visas (maximum 90 days) or residence permits in Vietnam should be handed in to a Danish Visa Application Centre.

Please note that all documents in Vietnamese for visas cases submitted to VFS must be translated to English and legalized by the relevant local authorities (except for passports).

Danish Visa Application Centre in Hanoi
Ocean Park Building, Room 207, 2nd Floor
1 Dao Duy Anh, Phuong Mai Ward
Dong Da District
Ha Noi City, 10000 Vietnam
Tel: 0084- 2835212002

Danish Visa Application Centre in Ho Chi Minh City
Resco building 3rd Floor
94-96, Nguyen Du Street
Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
Ho chi Minh City, 70000 Vietnam
Tel: 0084-28-3 5212002

Book an appointment with VFS on their website.

When submitting the visa application a service fee is to be paid directly to the Visa Application Centre.


Re-entry permit
Vietnamese nationals who loose their Danish residence card during their stay in Vietnam or have a new passport issued in connection with name changes/expiry of their passport are kindly requested to come in person to the embassy as soon as possible, so that the embassy can contact the Danish Immigration Service and request authorization to issue a re-entry permit to Denmark. Please note that this process can take from a few days to several weeks and it is therefore important that the embassy is informed as soon as possible.

Payment must be made before picking up the re-entry permit at the embassy.

Children under the age of 18
Children under 18, who follow their mother’s residence permit, should ensure that they have a re-entry permit stamped into their passport BEFORE they exit Denmark or else they will not be able to re-enter the country again. The Danish Immigration Service issues these re-entry permits (alternatively they can refer to the nearest issuing office).

If the child does not get a stamp in his/her passport before leaving Denmark, the child must contact the embassy as soon as possible after arriving in Thailand. The Embassy will then contact the Danish Immigration Service to confirm whether or not a re-entry permit can be issued. Please note that this process can take from a few days to several weeks.

Here you can find forms for re-entry permit
Information about re-entry permit (in Danish only)